Hogarth is the Global Content Experience Company. Part of WPP, Hogarth partners with one in every two of the world’s top 100 brands including Coca-Cola, Ford, Rolex, Nestlé, Mondelez and Dyson. With a breadth of experience across an extensive range of sectors, Hogarth offers the unrivaled ability to deliver relevant, engaging, and measurable content across all channels and media - both established and emerging.
The number of channels at our fingertips; the need for speed; and the drive for mass personalisation, all mean that brands need different solutions.
Our global team of over 6,000 craft and technology experts brings together creative, production and innovation to help clients navigate this exciting and ever-changing world of today’s content experience.
A Hybrid working model
Now offices are fully open we have embraced a hybrid working model, which allows our employees to split their time between the office and other locations, something we hope will provide everyone much more flexibility to their working week. The expectation is that working life at Hogarth will involve working from the office for about 60% of the time for most people. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team to find out more information.
What does a VFX Technical Artist do at Hogarth?
A VFX Technical Artist is a versatile professional who bridges the gap between artistry and technology in the field of visual effects. They play a crucial role in optimising workflows, automating processes, and developing tools that enhance the efficiency and quality of VFX productions.
- Technical Support: Provide technical support to artists and troubleshoot issues related to VFX software, hardware, and tools to ensure smooth project execution.
- Software Development: Write scripts and tools using programming languages such as Python, C++, or other scripting languages to automate tasks, streamline workflows, and improve efficiency.
- Pipeline Management: Create and maintain production pipelines, ensuring that data flows smoothly between different departments and software applications.
- Integration: Collaborate with VFX artists, supervisors, and other technical artists to integrate new software and technologies into the production pipeline.
- Render Farm Management: Oversee the management of render farms, optimizing render settings for efficiency and quality.
- Software Skills: Proficiency in a range of VFX software, including but not limited to - Autodesk Maya, SideFX Houdini, The Foundry Nuke, Visual Effects software SDKs and Scripting and programming languages (Python, C++, etc.)
- Quality Assurance: Perform quality control checks to ensure that VFX assets and scenes are technically sound and meet project requirements.
- Training and Documentation: Create training materials and documentation to assist artists in using software and tools effectively.
- Research and Development: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, and explore innovative solutions to improve the VFX pipeline.
Reporting lines and key stakeholders
This role reports to the Head of Product Visualisation at Gramercy Park Studios.
- Strong programming and scripting skills.
- Proficiency in VFX software, including the ability to customise and extend their functionality.
- Knowledge of VFX pipelines and production processes.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to find technical solutions to artistic challenges.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience in working with render farms and managing rendering processes.
Heart and Soul: We love what we do. We bring energy and enthusiasm to all our work. We push boundaries, we are never satisfied and always want to find a better way.
Hands on: We don’t wait for things to happen, we get on with it. We are pragmatic and don’t have an ego. We do what it takes to get the job done to the highest standards.
Honest: We are straightforward; we speak openly and clearly. We operate with integrity and live up to our promises.
Happy family: We enjoy working together. We look out for our colleagues. We are an eclectic bunch. We want to work with people from many cultures and demand great things of each other. Even when things get tough, we don’t lose perspective or our sense of humour.
Hungry: We are an inquisitive community. We want to create an environment which inspires ourselves and others to be better. It is important to continuously challenge ourselves and our ways of working. We aim to provide staff with the opportunities to develop and learn.
Find out more at www.hogarthww.com/culture
- 25 days holiday, plus an extra day of leave for your Birthday
- 1 Volunteering day per year
- Private Medical Care (Bupa)
- Eye tests
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- WPP Group Discounts
- Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Discounts
- Mortgage Advice
Diversity & Inclusion
Hogarth is an equal-opportunity employer. That means we believe in creating a truly inclusive culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion for everyone through our ideas, our people, how we behave and how we conduct ourselves. We strive to recruit people from diverse backgrounds and support them to achieve long-term success. This not only makes Hogarth a better company and place to work, but an environment where everyone can give their point of view, experience connection, enjoy opportunity and feel a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability. As part of our commitment to making our hiring processes as equitable as possible, we are currently rolling out a policy which ensures that hiring managers review CVs only after they have been processed through an automated anonymisation system. This aims to ensure that all candidates are considered for interview based solely on their experience and what they can bring to the role. The solution, provided by MeVitae, scans and redacts CVs to reduce potential reviewer bias.
Please contact [email protected] if you need the job advert or form in another format.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
When you click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of this page, this will send all the information you have added to Hogarth WW. Before you do this, we think it's a good idea to read through our Privacy statement. This explains what we do with your personal data when you apply for a role with us, and, how you can update the information you have provided us with or how to remove it.